Cornwall Marine Network
Sustainability Skills Curriculum Development Executive
Responsible to: Maritime Sustainabilty Skills Manager (New Post)
As a private, not-for-profit, limited-by-guarantee company, Cornwall Marine Network is the strategic voice for the Cornwall marine sector and is owned by more than 350 local marine employers, 99% of whom are SME businesses.
CMN is highly committed to supporting members to develop and meet sustainability goals that demonstrate to employees and customers the desire to make a difference to the world we live in, ensuring we are respectful of people and the planet by equipping members with the knowledge to be competitive, environmentally proactive, and socially responsible.
The sea is an incredible source of nature-based solutions to address the climate emergency and Cornwall is home to world-leading experts in marine and low-carbon technologies and offshore renewable energy.
Marine businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly are mostly clustered around ports and based in and around Coastal Towns, making them vulnerable to rising sea levels. A high proportion of our members rely on the visitor economy and a thriving marine environment to prosper.
The CMN Sustainability Implementation Plan describes and details our ambition and commitment to sustainability which we will embed throughout our business and demonstrate to our members our intention to lead by example as we seek to support members to develop their own sustainability plans.
Intrinsic to the development of sustainability resources will be the ‘greening’ of skills for new and existing maritime jobs as we seek to prepare the workforce of tomorrow and ensure a Just Transition to green jobs.
The Sustainability Skills Curriculum Development Executive is a full-time post, responsible for the design, development and making available to the CMN team curriculum content, training materials and teaching aids in response to evidenced development needs for future green maritime skills.
He/She will support the development of accurate, high-quality documentation to be used by industry tutors and assessors and contribute to the standardisation of all training materials and content. This will include outsourcing development where specialist expertise is needed. In addition, he/she is responsible for supporting the CMN Training Centre with the pilot delivery and development of new green skills training provision, associated administration and quality procedures.
He/She will provide developmental support for CMN’s role in the ESF Skills Lab and ESF Skills Store, and ESF Employer-Led Skills projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To contribute to the design and development of CMN training courses and qualifications that address the emerging needs for maritime green skills, ensuring all developments meet the quality requirements of awarding and funding bodies. This may include supporting the Training Centre team in:
- Identification and development of green skills resources and materials to meet the requirements of current and new apprenticeship standards
- Developing material and resources for Standards in occupational areas required by CMN member businesses and Maritime UK regional cluster council member businesses
- Support CMN’s delivery contribution of an employer’s apprenticeship programme with subcontractors, including where needed the development of materials and resources to support the agreed delivery
- Support the CMN delivery project teams to develop curriculum and course development work to enable CMN to respond to employer/sectoral green skills demand
- Support the central team to develop the processes and mechanisms of CMN’s training delivery. To include:
- Investigating and developing online training provision including the creation of any new material and resources
- Support the embedding of e-portfolios for tracking and delivery of green apprenticeships and support the training delivery team across the portfolio as necessary
- Explore the benefits and opportunities of delivering qualifications through Awarding Bodies as required
- Support the delivery of all CMN’s green skills training programmes including the assessment of qualifications, delivery of apprenticeship frameworks and the new and emerging standards. To include:
- Liaising with the Delivery team to ensure all enrolment documentation, qualification portfolios and learning materials are prepared to support delivery for Apprenticeships and training courses
- Provide all necessary information to the Delivery team enabling them to book examinations according to strict regulations, including any updates or changes to candidate details
- Support the Central team with assessment and verification of NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeship frameworks/standards, meeting the requirements of the Awarding Bodies as required
- Undertaking any other associated duties which relate to the delivery, assessment and verification of green training courses and other learning programmes
- Support the CMN team with audit and quality requirements of the ESFA, Ofsted and European funded contracts , including:
- Maintain all appropriate quality systems and associated paperwork
- Maintain accurate records and audit trails for training activity, commensurate with
European funding specifications, ensuring financial and eligibility criteria are met at all times
- Create and help to organise pilots for new green training courses by liaising with the Delivery team and to provide expert support for training courses delivered by CMN
- When requested liaise with Employers, Members and customers to develop and promote CMN and attend any relevant meetings
- Ensure all relevant Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Prevent and other legislative policies are adhered to in respect of any development work undertaken
- To participate in team development activity and undertake training as agreed with the Centre’s Management
- Contribute to the continual quality improvement processes of CMN
- Any other duties consistent with the grade and general responsibilities of the post as may, in addition, be required from time to time
Skills and Experience
- A knowledge of and a passion for sustainability skills that help ensure we equip people for green jobs
- A minimum of three year’s experience in a training environment with capability of producing training material and resources for assessment teams
- A teaching qualification and be IAG trained to at least Level 3
- Qualified to A1/V1 with demonstrable ability to carry out assessment of learners
- A high level of computer literacy, particularly in the use of Windows and experience of using or setting up a VLE and an e-portfolio system
- A working knowledge of the Ofsted common inspection framework
- Ablility to support quality improvement initiatives and monitor audit documentation to Company standards
- A detailed knowledge of qualifications, apprenticeship frameworks and and understanding of Apprenticeship standards
- Ability to support the Standardisation and Internal Verification within all programmes
- Experience of maintaining correspondence links with, for example, Awarding Bodies, Standards Verifier’s etc.
- Qualified IV and Assessor in at least 2 subject areas
- Able to deliver Functional Skills
- Experience of setting up a VLE and/ or an e-portfolio sysyem
- Coaching/ mentoring experience of staff and or learners
- Experience of working with businesses to deliver training
- Experience of delivery to young people
- Hold current and relevant health and safety qualification; such as IOSH
- An ability to work to tight deadlines with a demonstrable ability to organise, and prioritise workload effectively and make reasonable adjustments when necessary
- Have an enterprising, entrepreneurial and innovative approach to all work situations
- Experience of working in a target driven environment and ability to work autonomously, flexibly and be self-motivated to achieve results
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with all individuals, regardless of background
- Flexible, co-operative and able to work effectively with others and deal effectively with problems
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills with a high level of computer literacy including the ability to learn new IT systems and software quickly and efficiently
- Track record of continuous professional development and a commitment to training for future development
- Information security and governance – manage information in line with CMN’s policies, procedures and guidance on subjects such as Data Protection, Freedom of Information, confidentiality, information security and sharing, the information lifecycle and data quality, to ensure compliance and efficient and effective information governance
- Safeguarding – maintain awareness of CMN’s policies and practices regarding the safeguarding of children, young people and/ or adults who may be at risk. Report concerns/ allegations in accordance with corporate guidance and procedures
- Prevent – maintain awareness of PREVENT which provides a safe place to discuss terrorism, report any concerns to the PREVENT lead and the Police PREVENT Team as early as possible and within the same day, follow the BCE Prevention of Radicalisation and Extremism Policy and be responsible for updating this as and when required, but at minimum annually.
- Equality & Diversity – work to eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and report incidents as they occur. Treat everyone with dignity and respect and ensure individual’s needs are met. Challenge inappropriate behaviour and language constructively, advising on alternatives so the opportunity for change can be considered
- Own reliable transport with full clean driving licence – the normal duties of the role will involve travel on a regular or occasional basis
How to Apply:
Please visit https://cornwallmarine.net/job/sustainability-skills-curriculum-development-executive
Closing date Wednesday 29th June 2022
This role is part funded through the ESF Skills Lab and ESF Skills Store projects which are supported by an investment from the European Social Fund until 2023. These projects seek to actively engage employers in the co-design, development and piloting of training and apprenticeships to enhance the relevance of skills provision for local businesses across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. The projects will support delivery of the Local Enterprise Partnership’s strategic priorities through development of new approaches to employer-led skills and training needs, thereby increasing business engagement and uptake of skills provision.